Recovering from alcohol or drug addiction can be tough—at times, very tough. You must adapt to life without the one thing you previously chose as your source of strength and solace. Additionally, you must find strength from other sources to wean yourself from dependence.
As you read the text above, you might well have noted how often it refers to what you need to do. It probably seems like the burden of recovery is yours to carry. In fact that’s true, but on the other hand, the real burden is your disease of addiction, as you will only truly realize when you’ve advanced substantially in your recovery process. The journey to sober life is not eased by the knowledge that while recovery is possible, you will never be cured. Lifelong support will be a necessary part of your release from the grip of drugs or alcohol. (855) 264-1227
Outpatient treatment consists of clients attending treatment sessions in a clinic, hospital, office, etc., and then returning home to their regular life following their participation in treatment sessions. Inpatient or residential treatment differs from outpatient treatment in that the person actually lives in the facility or campus where they receive treatment, and typically, they do not leave the facility except in special cases for other treatments or special situations or legal appointments. Many times those people with substance use disorders who are in the early days of recovery are faced with significant post acute withdrawal symptoms, and in some cases, these can be potentially dangerous . In some cases withdrawal from opioids, alcohol, benzodiazepines can be complicated when the patient has some other debilitating psychiatric disorder. In these instances, an outpatient withdrawal management program is not preferable. Instead, it is far more efficient and safer to have the individual in a residential program where they can be monitored around the clock, and any emergency situations can receive immediate attention. Opiate detox can be easily handled on an outpatient basis. Typically, when these individuals are stabilized or through the withdrawal process, they are released into an outpatient program.
Outpatient Rehab Lightens Your Load
- Patients participating in outpatient treatment can maintain their work, school, family and other important family commitments. This results in less disruption in their lives.
- Outpatient treatment programs allow individuals to immediately use in recovery , what they have learned and practiced in treatment to the sober world.
- Outpatient treatment programs provide addicts far more freedom and flexibility than residential treatment programs.
- Outpatient treatment programs allow more privacy regarding the individual’s participation in treatment as the individual does not have to notify their employers, family members, or friends that they will be staying in a residential treatment facility.
- Outpatient treatment programs provide essentially the same quality of treatment as inpatient addiction treatment facilities, though inpatient programs may offer a wider array of complementary or alternative therapy choices.
- Outpatient treatment programs can easily provide some interventions that are not optional in inpatient treatment programs.
- Outpatient addiction treatment programs are generally far less expensive than residential treatment, But are covered by health insurance. This results in a reduced financial burden. In many cases, insurance may be more likely to cover outpatient treatment.
The value of group or individual outpatient counseling or therapy can’t be overstated as an effective source of treatment and support, especially after you leave the protection of inpatient rehab. By regularly interacting with a group of peers, all of whom share your struggles, stresses, temptations, and frustrations, you become better equipped to face all those challenges and acquire much-needed strength and resilience.
Everyone in the group has something to offer. Everyone in the group has something to gain. Through the sharing of experiences, concerns and solutions, an outpatient drug rehab group helps you acquire tools and recovery skills enabling you to manage a life without drugs or alcohol.
Outpatient Treatment For Drug and Alcohol Addiction Is Confidential
These are the key tenets of our therapy groups. Nobody will sit in judgment of your recovery efforts. Nobody will discuss your addiction or therapy outside of the group. You’ll learn to communicate openly and honestly about your experiences and concerns—something which can initially be hard after the months or years of concealment and denial that typify alcohol or drug abuse.
While the emphasis of group therapy in treatment, is on peer support, you will also have access to professional guidance, to further prepare you for productive and independent living. You can depend on assistance and support beyond that required simply to manage a sober life though. Through group therapy, you will find help to repair aspects of your life damaged by your addiction.
Unlocking the Treatment of Substance Abuse
At Steppingsober, we believe our community prospers when its members can give their best. Alcohol and drugs rob individuals of their freedom and detracts from community wellbeing. Our mission is to help those in our community to be free from addiction and able to play their rightful, productive part in society.
Outpatient Addiction Treatment is Driven by Three Core Values
To succeed in our mission, the team at Top Sober Living Residence is committed to upholding the following core values:
- Addressing Cause and Effect: Few people fall into the disease of addiction for no reason. There is almost always a root cause or, maybe more than one. Our Alcohol rehab specialists and counselors seek to identify what drives individual addiction and treat the problem at source. In practice, this means we diagnose emotional and psychological issues that co-exist with the disease of addiction. Once diagnosed, we provide treatment of these issues as part of our patients’ recovery process.
- Client Empathy: Every member of our team knows how to put themselves in the shoes of a patient. That’s because some of us have been there ourselves. Only addicts and those who work closely with them can truly understand the challenges of getting sober. We only employ professionals who possess that level of understanding.
- Patients as Partners: Partnership and collaboration form the basis of our outpatient drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs. We involve you, the patient throughout and encourage you to accept ownership and accountability for your recovery effort.
Stepping In To Treatment For Sober Life
Aftercare support should be part of your sober plan. Peer support groups can be found around the world and provide daily opportunities for individuals recovering from the disease of addiction to find support on an ongoing basis. These recovery groups are not technically forms of treatment, but they can provide support and encouragement that is vital to long-term sobriety.It would be disingenuous to tell you that anything will make it easy to beat alcohol or drug addiction. However, it’s an endeavor less arduous when shared with those who understand. Don’t tread the road to recovery alone. Contact us today at and speak to our helpful staff about joining a Stepping Sober group therapy program. (855) 264-1227