Recovering from addiction is a difficult and often overwhelming process, but there are many resources available to help individuals and their loved ones on their journey to recovery. From 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, to inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, therapy, and medication-assisted treatment, there is something for everyone. In this blog post, we will provide a comprehensive list of resources for those recovering from addiction, including websites and contact information for organizations and support groups. We hope that this information will be helpful for anyone looking for guidance and support on their path to recovery.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – A 12-step program for individuals recovering from alcohol addiction, featuring peer support and sponsorship. The website is https://www.aa.org/ and the phone number to contact is 1-212-870-3400.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – A 12-step program for individuals recovering from drug addiction, also featuring peer support and sponsorship. The website is https://www.na.org/ and the phone number to contact is 1-818-773-9999.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline – A confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. The website is https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline and the phone number to contact is 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) – A national organization that conducts and supports research on drug addiction, and provides information on the latest scientific findings on drug addiction, treatment, and recovery. The website is https://www.drugabuse.gov/ and the phone number to contact is 301-443-1124
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) – A professional society representing over 6,000 physicians, clinicians and associated professionals in the field of addiction medicine. The website is https://www.asam.org/ and the phone number to contact is 1-301-656-3920
- Addiction Resource – A platform that provides information, resources and support to those struggling with addiction, and their loved ones. The website is https://addictionresource.com/ and the phone number to contact is 1-888-744-9991
- Recovery.org – A comprehensive resource providing information on addiction treatment centers, therapy options, and support groups. The website is https://www.recovery.org/ and the phone number to contact is 1-888-986-7848
- The Recovery Village – A network of addiction treatment centers that offer a range of treatment options, including inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization programs. The website is https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/ and the phone number to contact is 1-888-917-2837
- Addiction Center – A website that provides information on addiction, treatment options, and resources for support and recovery. The website is https://www.addictioncenter.com/ and the phone number to contact is 1-888-935-1318
- SMART Recovery – A non-profit organization that offers a cognitive-behavioral approach to addiction recovery through its meetings and online support groups. The website is https://www.smartrecovery.org/ and the phone number to contact is 440-951-5357